[xymon] Xymon server reporting to itself and another Xymon server

shea4th at comcast.net shea4th at comcast.net
Mon Jan 31 18:55:27 CET 2011

>>----- "Henrik \"Stᅢᄌrner\"" <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
>>

>>In <1000317354.93250.1296234910618.JavaMail.root at sz0161a.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net> shea4th at comcast.net writes:
>>

>>I have two new Xymon servers A and B. All clients will send data to
>>both servers
>>
>>excerpt from xymonclient.cfg:
>>
>>XYMSRV="0.0.0.0"
>>XYMSERVERS="serverA serverB"
>>
>>I want serverA to be a client to itself and serverB and vice versa.
>>Modifying the xymonclient.cfg file on the server sends the server (as a
>>client), but also all the client data that reports to it.
>>
>What do you have in tasks.cfg as the ENVFILE setting ?
>
>All of the server-tasks should use xymonserver.cfg for the ENVFILE
>setting, and in xymonserver.cfg there should only be a XYMSRV="serverA"
>(or serverB, depending on what server this is).
>
>Only the client task should point to the xymonclient.cfg file in
>ENVFILE.
>

>The "conn" test is reported by the "xymonnet" task. The only way
>it can be reported as "multi-source" is if your xymonserver.cfg
>is setup with both servers as the target (in XYMSRV / XYMSERVERS).
>

>Regards,
>Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for the reply.

This is a standard install on RH5, all I changed was the xymonclient.cfg file to include both servers
[xymon at yxmprdr01 ~]$ ls
cgi-bin  cgi-secure  client  data  server
[xymon at yxmprdr01 ~]$ grep ENVFILE server/etc/tasks.cfg
        ENVFILE /apps/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
        ENVFILE /apps/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg

[xymon at yxmprdr01 ~]$ grep XYMSRV server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
XYMSRV="$XYMONSERVERIP"         # IP of a single Xymon server
XYMSERVERS=""                   # IP of multiple Xymon servers. If used, XYMSRV must be 0.0.0.0
BBDISP="$XYMSRV"

[xymon at yxmprdr01 ~]$ grep XYMONSERVERIP server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
XYMONSERVERIP="10.10.10.69"                    # The IP-address of your server. Use the real one, not 127.0.0.1 .
XYMSRV="$XYMONSERVERIP"         # IP of a single Xymon server
MACHINEADDR="$XYMONSERVERIP"            # This systems IP-address
BBSERVERIP="$XYMONSERVERIP"

[xymon at yxmprdr01 ~]$ more client/etc/xymonclient.cfg
# Environment settings for the Xymon client.

XYMSRV="0.0.0.0"          # IP address of the Xymon server
XYMSERVERS="10.10.10.69 10.10.10.70"                   # IP of multiple Xymon servers. XYMSRV must be "0.0.0.0".
CONFIGCLASS="$SERVEROSTYPE"     # Default configuration class for logfiles

Thanks
Greg Shea
EMC Corporation