[xymon] Xymon server reporting to itself and another Xymon server

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 31 15:48:50 CET 2011

In <1000317354.93250.1296234910618.JavaMail.root at sz0161a.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net> shea4th at comcast.net writes:

>I have two new Xymon servers A and B. All clients will send data to
>both servers

>excerpt from xymonclient.cfg:

>XYMSRV="0.0.0.0"
>XYMSERVERS="serverA serverB"

>I want serverA to be a client to itself and serverB and vice versa.
>Modifying the xymonclient.cfg file on the server sends the server (as a
>client), but also all the client data that reports to it.

What do you have in tasks.cfg as the ENVFILE setting ?

All of the server-tasks should use xymonserver.cfg for the ENVFILE
setting, and in xymonserver.cfg there should only be a XYMSRV="serverA"
(or serverB, depending on what server this is).

Only the client task should point to the xymonclient.cfg file in
ENVFILE.

The "conn" test is reported by the "xymonnet" task. The only way
it can be reported as "multi-source" is if your xymonserver.cfg
is setup with both servers as the target (in XYMSRV / XYMSERVERS).