[xymon] Linux client broken output

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jan 26 15:32:11 CET 2011

In <1668554996.2003.1296047834503.JavaMail.root at bain.rhodix.nl> Giel Boes <giel.boes at rhodix.nl> writes:

>We are running Xymon on a Sun Fire v100 with Solaris 10 installed. On several
>Oracle systems with Oracle VM (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5
>(Tikanga)) with 64 bit we are running Hobbit clients
>(FC5-hobbit-client-4.2.0-1.i386.rpm). The hobbit clients are 32 bit because
>those are the only wants we could find.

>Problem: sometimes several tests like procs/disk/cpu is giving weird values
>in the monitoring which makes Xymon red. However, everything is fine and
>after restarting the client or after next update (5 minutes default), Xymon
>becomes green again.

You don't mention what version of Xymon you are running on the Xymon server,
but I'll assume it is one of the 4.2.x releases.

There is a known bug in the Xymon 4.2.x server that causes this behaviour.
It is solved in the current 4.3.0 test-versions (the latest being the
4.3.0-RC1 that was made available a few days ago). It is a server-side
problem, nothing to do with your Xymon clients.