[xymon] badtest option for non-network tests?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jan 25 16:26:15 CET 2011

In <3BD667CCFBD0D04CA2BC3D57D01B64264CA17BA413 at HORMXB103VM1.onerm.dk> Carl Melgaard <Carl.Melgaard at STAB.RM.DK> writes:

>Is it possible to emulate the badtest-option for non-network-tests, like cp=
>u/memory? For instance badcpu:2:2:3? Or is there another way to achieve thi=
>s?

Right now the badXYZ stuff is handled by the Xymon network test tool,
so the answer to your question is "no".

This made sense back in the bbgen days when these tools were add-ons to a
Big Brother server. These days I would do it differently, and move all of
that into the Xymon server - this would be much more effective, and it
would work for all kinds of tests. So it is one of the things "to do" after
we get 4.3.0 out of the door.