[xymon] Monitoring /tmp usage

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Wed Jan 19 22:40:18 CET 2011

You might want to see if there's anything (like the DFCMD variable for
example) that can be leveraged to fix this. Not sure where the filtering
comes into play or if there's a way to loosen it without going to source.

I know that it does work for ZFS though...

Wouldn't the monitoring done by the "memory" test suffice for this
specific purpose?

On 01/19/2011 04:25 PM, Rob Munsch wrote:
> Yeah - In client data, df doesn't even show it.  At the command line, tho, a plain "df" *does* show it - as Filesystem "none."  I am assuming Xymon is quietly, and normally quite correctly, ignoring any output that doesn't show an actual physical file system.
>
> Has anyone tried monitoring any kind of RAMdisk before..?

- --
|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  | |Ryan Novosielski - Sr. Systems Programmer
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent.|IST/CST-Academic Svcs. - ADMC 450, Newark