[xymon] Xymon 4.3.0-beta3 on iPad - tester needed

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Sat Jan 15 20:17:46 CET 2011

That is true, but Palm devices to allow for a click. I think Android handles this as well. Seems like a large oversight to not allow for hover somehow.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On Jan 15, 2011 5:41, Henrik Størner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:

In <8A6265B5086CAA4D8C3F35EE921A4DC01CDFD0D1 at USSLMMBX002.net.plm.eds.com> "Langford, Kenneth" <kenneth.langford at siemens.com> writes:

>Tried to use the menus on the iPad.  No go.  Changed the settings power the=

> iPad on and off after changing the settings.  Still no go.  Even with the =

>debug console turned on.  No error messages were displayed to tell you why =

>they were not working.  It was if they were just a part of the background.

>I have Safari loaded on my PC.  It has no problems with the menus.

>So the Safari on the iPad is not a full featured version.  8-(

Thanks, this matches the other report I had. Some google'ing indicates

that the problem is with the CSS "hover" attribute, which kind of

makes sense since the iPad (and similar devices) do not have a mouse

that can "hover" above anything. There are some hints for work-

arounds, but I haven't had the chance to try implementing any.

CSS and/or iPad savvy users are very welcome to see if they can find

a solution :-) Even if it means coming up with a different stylesheet

for the iPad.

To unsubscribe from the xymon list, send an e-mail to