[xymon] Compling on a mybook world NAS

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 10 10:30:51 CET 2011

In <AANLkTi==wrXpQa7obF25NBzh7=3WruuLmM7EUqz3KOvT at mail.gmail.com> Simon Lenz <lenz.simon at googlemail.com> writes:

>But there is a warning several times:  "warning: sh_link not set for sectio=
>`.ARM.exidx'"    critical?

No idea what this means. It is obviously ARM specific, not something
I am familiar with.

>And additionally, there is a critical error, that prevents openssl and ldap
>from working:)

>   1. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>   2. make: *** [test-link] Error 1
>   3. WARNING: OpenSSL library files found in /opt/lib, but link fails.
>   4. Continuing with SSL support disabled.

>   1. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>   2. make: *** [test-link] Error 1
>   3. WARNING: LDAP library files found in /opt/lib, but link fails.
>   4. Continuing with LDAP support disabled.

>What is this ominous "link fails"?

The configure script will check that it can use the LDAP and SSL
libraries by first compiling a C source file, then linking it
to produce a working executable. This error means that the link
step failed.

Sometimes this is because the LDAP/SSL libraries need some additional
libraries to work, and these may not be added automatically to the
link.

You can try running the check by hand, like this:

	MAKE=make sh -x ./build/ldap.sh

(if your "make" utility is something other than "make", then adjust
the command accordingly).

This shows what commands are used during the check. There should be
two lines like this:
	OS=Linux LDAPINC=-I/usr/include make -f Makefile.test-ldap test-compile
	OS=Linux LDAPLIB=-L/usr/lib64 LDAPLBER=-llber make -f Makefile.test-ldap test-link
which are the actual commands used to try building the LDAP test
utility.