[Xymon] [xymon] too many graph-links for SPLITNCV ?!

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Wed Feb 23 21:43:28 CET 2011

I've suspected that i've declared my problem to misty :-(

I'm running a client-test "afss", the output looks like

calls waiting: 0
threads idle: 122
server connections: 1306
client connections: 18525
peer structs: 1465
call structs: 5295
free calls: 4818
packet allocation failures: 0
calls:
allocs:
read data: 2448113504
read ack: 4250944903
read dup: 442396
read spurious: 463031
read busy: 26188
read abort: 2450337
read ackall: 182235
read challenge: 1135861
read response: 8384817
sent data: 157544296
sent resent: 14607050
sent ack: 1754634681
sent busy: 53983
sent abort: 1179624328
sent ackall: 0
sent challenge: 8390802
sent response: 1135861

I've declare this test as NCV-test, got also an afss.rdd on the server
and the graph looks right, also the trend-page, i've got for each value on
single graph (GRAPHS=...,afss::1) ......

But now i want to  change from NCV to SPLITNCV to get for each value one seperate rrd ....

After changing in xymonserver.cfg
from
NCV_afss="*:GAUGE"B
SPLITNCV_afss="*:GAUGE"

I've got now for each value one rrd :-)

e.g.
afss,allocs.rrd
afss,call_structs.rrd
afss,calls_waiting.rrd
afss,client_connections.rrd
afss,free_calls.rrd
afss,packet_allocation_failures.rrd
afss,peer_structs.rrd

The problem is, that on the trend-page i've got for each test one graph :-)

But also below this graph, 6 additional links of this test
e.g.
_______________
|  Graph afss0	|
|_______________|
xymongraph afss0
xymongraph afss0
xymongraph afss0
xymongraph afss0
xymongraph afss0
xymongraph afss0

I've suspect there is something wrong with graph-definition, isn't it ?

e.g.
[afss0]
FNPATTERN ^afss,threads_idle.rrd
TITLE Threads Idle