[Xymon] [xymon] About Windows PS Client

dOCtoR MADneSS doctor at makelofine.org
Wed Feb 23 12:10:03 CET 2011

Le 25/01/2011 01:28, David Baldwin a écrit :
> On 25/01/11 8:05 AM, dOCtoR MADneSs wrote:

>>> You'd need to have Administrator access to install I'm pretty sure.
>>>
>>> Please send me the errors and I'll see what I can do. I can probably
>>> find a Windows 7 box to test on.
>>>
>>> Thanks, David.
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can you give me informations about XymonPSClient.exe ?
> XymonPSClient.exe is just a renamed copy of ABC_SRVANY.EXE which is just
> the service runner that spawns the powershell process to run the script
> - it is xymonclient.ps1 that is the actual client code.
>> Where logs and temporary files are stored ?
> %TEMP%\xymonclient.log - contains date stamp and a copy of the last
> client report - written out as a debugging aid, the script doesn't
> actually need any temporary files
> %TEMP%\xymonconfig.cfg - contains the config returned from the server
> after each report is sent (i.e client-local.cfg section).
>
> Note that value of %TEMP% - or in PS $env:TEMP - will depend on whether
> you are running the service as specific user or just as a local service,
> and on the version of Windows you are using.
>
> David.

Hi,

I finally installed XymonPSClient in following the readme. The logfile
is generated in c:\windows\temp. But I can't see anything sent to xymon
server. The following command :
xymonsend "ping" "xymonserver"
reports me the xymon version running on server. But nothing else. The
windows client is defined in bb-hosts file. All I can see is "conn",
"info" and "trends".

Any idea ? I'm new to windows 7 (home premium), and don't understand
everything about how it works (or how it doesn't)