[xymon] temperature.sh reports Unknown OS

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Mon Feb 14 12:19:16 CET 2011

Hi !

I think, that's are two different errors

a) temperature.sh and "Unknown OS"

The BBOSTYPE-Variable is not defined or won't be exported ...
.. don't why/how to fix it  ( i've got also some scripts from deadcat with the same behaviour :-(  )  ...

Maybe someone on the list can give us an hint :-)

/usr/lib/hobbit/client # bin/bbcmd sh -x ext/temperature.sh
2011-02-14 12:06:44 Using default environment file
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
+ BBPROG=temperature.sh
+ export BBPROG
+ TEST=temperature
+ test /usr/lib/hobbit/client = ''
+ '[' x '!=' x -a x '!=' x ']'
+ test '!' /usr/lib/hobbit/client/tmp
+ '[' '' = '' ']'
+ UNAME=uname
+ DATA=
++ date
+ DATE='Mon Feb 14 12:06:44 CET 2011'
+ '[' '' = osf ']'
+ '[' '' = omreport -o '' = lm_sensors ']'
+ '[' '' = prtpicl ']'
+ case "$BBOSTYPE" in
+ echo 'Unknown OS linux
'
Unknown OS linux

+ exit 1

b ) omreport command not found

omreport  is not in your PATH-Enviroment

~ # which omreport
/usr/bin/omreport

~ # ll /usr/bin/omreport
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 38 Jul 18  2010 /usr/bin/omreport ->
/opt/dell/srvadmin/oma/bin/omreport.sh

Maybe the link is missing ...

cheers,
 	martin