[xymon] TS - ICON Scripting question

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Feb 9 23:13:38 CET 2011

On Wednesday, 9 February 2011 21:04:33 d.tom.schmitt at l-3com.com wrote:
> I notice that when you have the Xymon icon on the tray or at the top as
> a selection
>
> that the Icon will change to RED, YELLOW, GREEN, etc. depending upon the
> status of the Xymon system running.
>

> How is this accomplished?

I don't think it will necessarily help you.

> I am writing a mini dashboard to show what's up.

For what platform?

> This I keep in the upper corner of the screen rather than the Xymon
> menu.
>
> It is very customized for our environment and I wanted to be able to
> have the ICON in tray change colors.

Well, I am hoping to revamp (or, at least prototype some of the pieces) the
current display. Part of that will most likely be providing an API of some
kind to support AJAX.

If I know what requirements are for other clients, I can take them into
account, and possibly try and get something working soonish.

Regards,
Buchan