[xymon] xymon-4.3.0-RC1: alerting question

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Feb 7 13:10:11 CET 2011

In <4D4C0F83.8080204 at unil.ch> Dominique Frise <dominique.frise at unil.ch> writes:

>What is the minimum time for the same alert status to stay up to be
>processed correctly by Xymon ?

I am not sure I understand the question - are you saying that
Xymon does not generate the notifications you expect it to ?

>For example in following transitions, what would the minimum time (in
>sec.) for the yellow statuses (same check) to be processed correctly by
>Xymon ?

>long t.    short t.     long t.    short t.    long t.    long t.
>green  ->  yellow   ->  clear  ->  yellow  ->  clear  ->  green
>            alert                   alert                  recovered

Provided you have alerts setup on a yellow status, and there is not
a DURATION parameter that delays the alert, then you should get an
alert on each of the transitions to yellow.

("clear" is not an alerting color - only yellow, red and purple are).

The only "minimum time" Xymon has in relation to alerts, is the
DURATION parameter that you specify in alerts.cfg (hobbit-alerts.cfg
in older versions).