[xymon] Monitoring multiple Linux Processes

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Feb 1 22:04:55 CET 2011

In <3B9C50B11919A24884D4983669EE5D7314A4D5F4 at EXMBXBG103.mtg.home.ads> "Newton, Steve (MBS)" <Steve.Newton at PHH.com> writes:

>                I'm trying to monitor multiple processes on Linux servers.
>I would like to use Page/subpage like described in the
>Hobbit-clients.cfg file, but it will only show one processes on the page for
>each server. Here is a what I have in the file.

>PAGE=infrastructure/noc
>       PROC batchman
>       PROC jobman
>       PROC netman

>Infrastructure is the page
>Noc is the subpage.

>XYMON only finds the first PROC.

I'm not sure what you mean by that:

* Does it only check for the first of those processes, so you have
  only one red/green "dot" on the detailed "procs" status display?
  There should be one red/green dot for each of the processes
  listed, e.g. like that on the demo site - see
  http://www.xymon.com/xymon-cgi/svcstatus.sh?HOST=voodoo.hswn.dk&SERVICE=procs

* Or does it check all of the processes, but only on the first
  host on the page ?