[Xymon] Per Source Bandwidth Monitoring

vincent at ragosta.net vincent at ragosta.net
Wed Dec 28 15:56:07 CET 2011

Hello all,

I am trying to setup a custom graph in hobbit ​to track bandwidth utilization on a per source basis.  I can obtain the total bytes transmitted for each source from /proc/net/ip_conntrack, but I'm not sure how to setup the graph definition.

I've been following all of the steps in the hobbit documentation, included with the install, under 'howtograph' and am now at the part labeled 'Setup a graph definition.'  How should the graph definition be defined?  Since I wish to track bandwidth via source, I'm faced with a variable number of source, value pairs.  In the graph definitions I have looked at, you always need to define the data you wish to display, but how do you do this if you do not have this information in advance?

Thanks.