[Xymon] Default Graph SIze

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Dec 22 23:02:13 CET 2011

On 22-12-2011 22:56, James Wade wrote:
> I'm doing a new installation of xymon. Everything is working great, but
> I'm in the process of configuring and could use some assistance, so you
> might see a few more posts from me.
>
> Is there a way to have the graphs on each default to a different
> setting? As an example, when looking at cpu, instead of a two day graph
> have a one hour graph. Is there a global setting?

TRENDSECONDS in xymonserver.cfg. If you change this, then you'll
probably also want to change the RRDWIDTH setting, which defines the
size of the graph image.

On www.xymon.com, TRENDSECONDS is set to 259200 = 3 days, and RRDWIDTH
is set to 864; the reasoning being that with measurements every 5
minutes there are 288 measurements per day, so 3 days = 864
measurements. Matching the RRDWIDTH setting with this means that each
measurement gets 1 pixel.

Refaeds,