[Xymon] How to have XYMON show FULL logs of client server? also how to show different logs for different servers?

Tom S tsztur at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 19:18:18 CET 2011

So I am using this method on client-local.cfg to show the logs:

[linux]
log:/var/log/myapp/my.app.log:90240
ignore MARK

However even if i increase the MAXDATA (90240) it still only shows the last
hour or so of logging. - under 'msgs' .
I would like to to show more than that.   how is this possible?   eg.
/var/log/myapp/my.app.log has logging from midnight, but only shows from
the last 20 minutes.  I would like it to show at least 2 hours worth of
logging.

Also, I would like to have different logs show for different client systems.

I have tried this method:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Other_Docs/FAQ#How_do_I_monitor_log_files_other_than_the_default_ones.3F

but I don't see anything with hohbbit-clients.cfg -
Can I not use the HOST=<client hostname> in the client-local.cfg  ?

tia