[Xymon] Xymon does not display any information about windows client

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Dec 15 13:47:09 CET 2011

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:20:35 +0000, Yanni
<y.goudetsidis at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I have setup xymon and I am trying to add a windows XP client.
> This client is already monitored by big brother(old version) and it has
> bbwin.exe version 0.12 installed.
>
> How can I make this particular windows XP client to be also monitored by

> xymon?
>
> I have added a second line in the BBWin.cfg inside C:\Program
> Files\BBWin\etc\BBWin.cfg
>
> <setting name="bbdisplay" value="IP_Address" />
>
> but xymon does not display any information.

Check the "Reports->Ghost clients" report in xymon. It is quite possible
that your Windows server uses a hostname different from what you have in
hosts.cfg (e.g. with/without domain name).

If the server is not listed in the ghost clients report, then the client
is not sending any data to Xymon. Could be all sorts of problems - wrong
configuration, network issues, firewall, ...