[Xymon] Automated Reports

David Cunningham dcunningham at mecnet.net
Thu Dec 8 16:10:04 CET 2011

Hi All,

I need some help and I hope someone out there can provide it.

We are running xymon as our primary monitoring system for Internet circuits we provide to customers.  Of course, when the circuits go down, we get alerts and it is logged in xymon.  All this works great.

However, we need an automated system that once per month will send an email with the event history for EACH circuit we monitor.  I can see how to generate reports that give a percentage of the overall uptime.  However, I need the actual history.

For example, on connectivity monitoring, if the site went down for 5 minutes on the 5th of the month and for 10 minutes on the 15th of the month, I need the report to basically show exactly this information.

If there were no events for that month, the entry should still be listed, just with no events.  So, for example:

Site 1:
Site 2:
Site 3: 12/5/11 - 5 minutes , 12/15/11 - 45 minutes
Site 4:
Site 5:
Site 6:
Site 7: 12/10/11 - 12 hours, 12/11/11 - 24 hours, 12/12/11 -24 hours, 12/13/11 - 10 hours
Site 8:
Site 9:

Thank you for your help!