[Xymon] Looking for "page too old" script

Galen Johnson gjohnson at trantor.org
Mon Aug 8 09:25:20 CEST 2011

On 08/07/2011 01:53 PM, Josh Luthman wrote:
> The code makes more sense to me then the sentence explaining it in the
> man page.  That's just me.  Either way you only have two choices so it
> won't be a big mistake.
>
> On Aug 7, 2011 8:20 AM, "Henrik Størner" <henrik at hswn.dk
> <mailto:henrik at hswn.dk>> wrote:
>> On 01-08-2011 17:46, Josh Luthman wrote:
>>> Got it working! Thanks!!!
>>>
>>> FILE /var/www/inxwireless/network/output.png red mtime<1800
>>>
>>> This is correct. From what the documentation states, of which I may be
>>> understanding it incorrectly, this is backwards.
>>
>> I must admit I had my doubts when coding this. But the idea is to read
>> it as it is written: "File foo must have been modified LESS THAN 1800
>> seconds ago".
>>

>> Regards,
>> Henrik

This would make sense if the file is being updated every 30 minutes.
However, you may want to give it a 5 minute buffer to avoid timing false
alarms, like "mtime<2100".

NB:  I would have read this as "Turn red if the file is less than 30
minutes old" which would seem backwards but I'm reluctant to contradict
the author of the program :-).

=G=