[Xymon] bb: Argument list too large long

Joe Acquisto joe.acquisto at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 20:41:22 CEST 2011

When trying to send a simple status message to hobbit (yes still at that
level) , along the line of : /path_to_bb/bb my_hobbit_host "status+1d
page.subpage green `date` `cat /somefile`"

"somefile" is rather large, some 428k and I can confirm it works fine if I
make "somefile" much smaller.

Is there a way around this?   The idea is to have this file as a page for
reference.  I personally think a better solution is to use access or excel
(in mswords), but . . .  boss wants it this way.

joe a.