[Xymon] Question concerning port monitoring

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 00:06:16 CEST 2011

Personally, I think I'd put check scripts on another system and check the
server instances individually, with different report columns for each.  I
had that working really well at EDS, with over 2500 reports being generated
for around 400 different "systems".  The test system was also the Xymon
server, which was a 733MHz, single cpu DL380.  I used cron for scheduling,
mostly every 5 minutes, with some longer periods (e.g. ssl certs once per
day) and one test that ran every 30 seconds...  :)

Ralph Mitchell