[Xymon] Question concerning port monitoring

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Thu Apr 28 20:47:32 CEST 2011

I might be missing your question.  If I want to monitor certain ports for host xyz and other ports for host abc I can tell the software to do this by configuring the server side hobbit-clients.cfg (analysis.cfg in xymon).  These tests could also be for the same ports on different hosts.  Make sure that the changes appear above the DEFAULT stanza in the file.

For example:

HOST=fred
PORT LOCAL=%(:13782|:13722|:13724|:13783) STATE=LISTEN MIN=1 COLOR=yellow TEXT=netbackup

HOST=jane
PORT LOCAL=%(:1372|:1322|:1372|:137) STATE=LISTEN MIN=1 COLOR=yellow TEXT=splat

Tim