[Xymon] xymon 4.3.2 configuration error for rrdtool

d.altmann at aon.at d.altmann at aon.at
Tue Apr 19 11:15:43 CEST 2011

Dear Sonal,
 First I would try to remove the Options "-qstrict
-qcpluscmt" from CFLAGS at build/Makefile.AIX, and then I would install
make (=GNU make) from www.perzl.org/aix/index.php?n=Main.Make

 At build/Makefile.AIX I've seen that there exists this comment:
 # Compile flags for normal build with gcc

 If you use gcc, you have to uncomment the directly following 2 lines,
and you have to comment the lines CC= and CFLAGS= after "# Compile flags
 for normal build with IBM compiler".

 After installing make from perzl.org, you have to find the newly installed make (possible location: /opt/freeware/bin/gmake).

 And before calling ./configure, you have to set this variable:
 export MAKE=/opt/freeware/bin/gmake
 ./configure

 Then configure has to use the new GNU version of make.

 Best regards,
 D.Altmann