[Xymon] noping in bbhost still tries to resolve hostname.

FORD Alan Alan.FORD at stanwell.com
Mon Apr 18 01:41:36 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I figured out how to get this going.
Required a change to bbtest-net.c (this is for 4.2.3 but I'm guessing it's the same for 4.3 et al)

Here is the diff....

680c680
<               if (pingtest && !h->noconn && !h->noping) {
---
>               if (pingtest && !h->noconn) {
776c776
<                       if (!h->noping && !h->testip && (dnsmethod != IP_ONLY)) add_host_to_dns_queue(h->hostname);
---
>                       if (!h->testip && (dnsmethod != IP_ONLY))
> add_host_to_dns_queue(h->hostname);

Thanks
Alf