[Xymon] RRDtool include- or library-files not found.

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Fri Apr 8 02:32:01 CEST 2011

Hi Jayanta,

> I need to do ./configure inside the xymon login. am i correct?

No, not at all. The xymon account is only for the already installed
system, not compiling.

It is odd that those rrd directories are not world readable, but anyway
run configure and make as root.

The rrd.sh already has /usr/local/rrdtool*   - that is enough, you
don't need to modify the file at all. Try running as root.

cheers, Phil

<BANLkTinYhQn5wxV2B5tBSukm+qMBCGDAbA at mail.gmail.com>, Jayanta Kundu

<Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au>wrote:

>> You need to ensure the headers are there, whereever they are: use
>> something like  rpm -ql rrdtool-whatever-it-is
>>
>> If no headers there is probably an rrd-devel package - I'm not
using
>> redhat so don't know exactly.
>>
>> Anyway the rpm -ql gives you the lib and .h locations. The file
that
>> does the rrd testing is  ~/xymon-4.2.3/build/rrd.sh  (as for pcre,
ldap,
>> etc)
>>
>> In that file you can just insert the directory above where the lib
and
>> include directories are, ie /usr for /usr/lib64 and /usr/include
>>
>> cheers.

>> <BANLkTin0sSCk6nKPZwLNOBQQfdzX1+Pakw at mail.gmail.com>, Jayanta Kundu
>>  <jayantak007 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5.
>> > I installed rrdtool-1.0.50 successfully with steps(#./configure,
>> #
>> > make,    # make install).
>> > Similarly i installed pcre-8.12 successfully with
steps(#./configure,
>>    #
>> > make,    # make install).
>> >
>> > Finally once i try to install xymon-4.2.3 with first step $
>> ./configure
>> > Following error showing:
>> >
>> > Checking for RRDtool ...
>> > RRDtool include- or library-files not found. These are REQUIRED
for
>> hobbitd
>> > RRDtool can be found at
>> http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/
>> > If you have RRDtool installed, use the "--rrdinclude DIR" and
>> "--rrdlib DIR"
>> > options to configure to specify where they are.
>> > [xymon at t1vl001 xymon-4.2.3]$
>> >
>> > Now i open the file "configure.server", but i can't understand
where
>> i need
>> > to assign the above mention path. Also where can i find the
>> "rrdinlude" and
>> > "rrdlib" path.
>> >
>> > Kindly help me out for the same.
>> >
>> > With Regards,
>> > Jayanta.
>> --
>>
>> This message from ORIX Australia might contain confidential and/or
>> privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any
use,
>> disclosure or copying of this message (or of any attachments to it)
is

http://www.orix.com.au .