[Xymon] Acknowledge issue continues with xymon 4.3.2

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Apr 7 15:36:42 CEST 2011

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 09:16:01 -0400, "Clark, Sean" <sean.clark at twcable.com>
wrote:
> I'm not expecting some sort of magic patch to fix this tomorrow, I am
just
> looking for some direction to take
>
> So far, I haven't even had an acknowledgement that anyone's read this,
> other than people who have the same problem as me, whose prescribed
> options are "fix the problem you can't ack faster."

I've seen your messages, but haven't had a chance to dig into the code to
see where the problem is.

> I'll list things that I have changed from the stock xymon settings in
the
> hopes that Henrik or someone else can say "if you change that, you need
> change this or you will most likely have your shm and chk files
corrupted"

I don't see any config changes you've done that would explain this.

>>Every 4 days, almost exactly, I start losing the ability to acknowledge
>>some alerts.
>>As time progresses, it gets worse and worse ­ at first it's random, some
>>can be acknowledged, some can't
>>Then, more and more can not be acknowledged

>>2011-04-05 05:23:09 Cookie 115771 not found, dropping ack
>>2011-04-05 05:23:09 Cookie 54483 not found, dropping ack

How do you ack an event ? Are you using the "Acknowledge alert" webpage
with the "--no-pin" option (default), or is it ack via email or ... ?