Thinking of updating my existing "Hobbit" install to latest "Xymon" 4.3.0... Any gotchas?

SebA spa at syntec.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 19:07:09 CEST 2010

Hello,

I hear a new Xymon beta of 4.3.0 is not far away so I'm thinking of updating
my existing "Hobbit" install (running old "Hobbit Monitor 4.3.0-0.20080929"
from subversion) to latest "Xymon" 4.3.0 from subversion...  Any there any
known gotchas relating to:

1.	updating an existing install (done that before, but it's been a
while)
2.	the name change from Hobbit to Xymon
3.	changes that have been made between these two releases
4.	anything else

And what gotchas are there likely to be, what do I need to look out for,
test, etc.?  Is it wise to backup my existing install first (I'm guessing
'yes'), and if so, which parts do I need to back up and which parts can I
skip backing up (since I expect all the history is rather large and if I
don't need to back that up, that would be nice).

If there are likely to be a lot of update issues, are there any plans to
document the update process, and/or produce an update script to help the
process?  I don't want to spend a long time updating my Hobbit install, but
I'm also aware that filing bug reports (or feature requests on features that
don't quite work as they should in my book, but are not really bugs either)
on a 2 year old version is less than ideal!

Cheers,

SebA