[xymon] Question about trend graph scaling

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Tue Oct 26 22:03:45 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Rob Munsch <Munsch at phillycarshare.org>wrote:

> [...]

I don't know about anyone else but that is exactly the behavior I expect. If
the CPU value stays at 100 for long enough it will show up at 100 on all the
graphs. But if it peaks at 100 for 10 minutes and then goes back to  .1
where it normally sits, then the average over, for example, 5 hours
including that 10 minutes is well below 100. The if you zoom in on that same
5 hours you can see the details within that time span including the peak.
Where's the problem?

Steve

--
The test of a democracy is not the magnificence of buildings or the speed of
automobiles or the efficiency of air transportation, but rather the care

Truth never damages a cause that is just. -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
(1869-1948)