Devmon if_stat alarm consistency

Chris Wopat chrisw at supranet.net
Mon Oct 25 19:10:17 CEST 2010

Posting some inconsistencies I discovered today with Devmon templates,
specificly the if_stat check with only appears in Cisco templates. I was
troubleshooting why various routers I have showed if_stat down for
various serial interfaces but nothing was alerted in xymon.

Eventually I noticed that it only is happening on 2811 and 3640 routers.
I checked the templates and the file 'if_stat/exceptions' lists:

	ifName : alarm  : Gi.+

Almost all other templates list this, or no alarm line:

	ifName : alarm  : .+

This is a request to get consistency across the board and to set them
all to alarm on everything per above. It's pretty funny that it's in the
3640 since it doesn't even support Gig interfaces that I'm aware of.
Here's the templates with the issue:

	cisco-2811
	cisco-3640
	cisco-4500
	cisco-5500
	cisco-6506 (commented out, 6509 template not affected)
	cisco-msfc2

And a link to browse the file on the 3640 as an example:

http://devmon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/devmon/trunk/templates/cisco-3640/if_stat/exceptions?revision=54&view=markup

Thanks!
Chris