[xymon] devmon or mrtg which is good for network devices monitoring

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Oct 18 18:19:41 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 20:56 +0530, rigved sharma wrote:
> Hi,
> sorry for the earlier mail..i want to know which one is good for xymon
> for network devices monitoring..devmon/mrtg.
> Please help.

It's a religious question.  I use mrtg because it supports snmp-v3, I
already have my templates built, and I can live with the hack that is
bb-mrtg.pl.  Other people like devmon, but I haven't been able to test
it because of the snmp-v3 issue.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
www.austinenergy.com