[xymon] bb-hosts layout

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Thu Oct 14 07:07:08 CEST 2010

Jim,

> In my bb-hosts file (developed long ago), I had the same machine on
> several pages
>
> page comp Computer-Room
>
> 10.1.1.1 bigiron
>
> 10.1.1.2 tiny
>
> page data Database-Server
>
> 10.1.1.1 bigiron # noping
>
> page dns Dns-Servers
>
> 10.1.1.2 tiny # noping
>
> xymon complains about duplicate entries, and gets confused about
> updateing the RRD's. I am having trouble trying to figure out how to
> make this configuration work correctly.

Try changing the IP to 0.0.0.0 in subsequent entries.

David.

--
David Baldwin - IT Unit
Australian Sports Commission          www.ausport.gov.au

Follow our Delhi Games success - http://www.ausport.gov.au/news

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.