[xymon] Re: Ignoring strings in event logs

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 04:52:28 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Steve Holmes <sholmes42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wherever you go, there you are.
>
> On Oct 4, 2010, at 8:15 PM, Colin Coe <colin.coe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone have ideas on this?
>>
>> CC
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Colin Coe <colin.coe at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I have the following in my hobbit-clients.cfg on the Xymon server
>>> ---
>>> CLASS=win32
>>>        LOAD 80 90 # Load threholds are in %
>>>        PORT "LOCAL=%([.:]20000)$" TEXT=RemotelyAnywhere
>>>        LOG %.*  %error -.* COLOR=yellow
>>>        LOG eventlog:Security  %failure.* COLOR=yellow
>>>        LOG eventlog:Application  %warning.* COLOR=yellow
>>> IGNORE="%(Warning: IIS log failed to write entry|Many client computers
>>> have not reported back|Unsuccessful logon attempt from IP address .*
>>> Secure (SSL) Connection).*"
>>>        LOG eventlog:System %error.* COLOR=yellow
>>> ---
>>>
>>> I'm finding that I'm still getting warnings coming up from the WSUS
>>> server regarding the clients that have not checked.
>>>
>>> Could someone advise what I'm doing wrong here?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> CC
>>>

>> To unsubscribe from the xymon list, send an e-mail to
>> xymon-unsubscribe at xymon.com
>>

> Oh, and you don't need the .* on the end of the string.
> Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for the tips but unfortunately, these strings are still not
being ignored.  I'm wondering if the problem is in 'client-local.cfg'.
 At the top of 'hobbit-clients.cfg' it says that both files need to be
configured but I don't see an example for Windows event logs.  How do
you have client-local.cfg configured for Windows logs?

Thanks

CC

--
RHCE#805007969328369