4.3.0 beta3 compile problem on solaris 10 sparc

Roland Soderstrom rolands at logicaltech.com.au
Wed Nov 17 02:32:58 CET 2010

Hi,

Can't compile on Solaris 10 sparc with LDAP disabled.
I disable LDAP test, SSL tests as I have no ldap server or SSL services.

If I enable SSL and LDAP test I get another problem with ld, see further
down.
It uses /usr/ccs/bin/ld, I changed to "LD = /usr/local/bin/ld" in
xymonnet/c-ares/Makefile.
Same same...

I get this ldap compile error

LDAP, SSL enabled:
-bash-3.00$ ./configure
<snip>
Checking for OpenSSL ...
Found OpenSSL include files in /usr/local/ssl/include
Found OpenSSL libraries in /opt/csw/lib

Xymon can use the OpenSSL library to test SSL-enabled services
like POP3S, IMAPS, NNTPS and TELNETS. If you have the OpenSSL
library installed, I recommend that you enable this.

Do you want to be able to test SSL-enabled services (y) ?

Checking for LDAP ...
test-ldap.c: In function `main':
test-ldap.c:25: warning: implicit declaration of function `ldap_init'
test-ldap.c:25: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast
Found LDAP include files in /usr/include
Found LDAP libraries in /usr/lib

Xymon can use your OpenLDAP LDAP client library to test LDAP servers.

Do you want to be able to test LDAP servers (y) ?
<snip>
-bash-3.00$ make
<snip>
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -D_REENTRANT  -DSunOS -I.
-I/var/tmp/xymon-4.3.0.beta3/include -I/usr/local/include   -c -o
ldaptest.o ldaptest.c
ldaptest.c: In function `add_ldap_test':
ldaptest.c:99: error: `badurl' undeclared (first use in this function)
ldaptest.c:99: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ldaptest.c:99: error: for each function it appears in.)
ldaptest.c:101: error: `req' undeclared (first use in this function)
ldaptest.c:112: error: `basecheck' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [ldaptest.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/xymon-4.3.0.beta3/xymonnet'
make: *** [xymonnet-build] Error 2
-bash-3.00$

ld error:
LDAP and SSL enabled
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -D_REENTRANT  -DSunOS -I.
-I/var/tmp/xymon-4.3.0.beta3/include -I/usr/local/include -o xymonnet
-Wl,--rpath,/opt/csw/lib -Wl,--rpath,/usr/local/lib
-Wl,--rpath,/opt/csw/lib -Wl,--rpath,/usr/lib xymonnet.o contest.o
httptest.o httpresult.o ldaptest.o dns.o dns2.o httpcookies.o
../lib/libxymon.a libcares.a -L/usr/lib -lldap  -L/opt/csw/lib -lssl
-lcrypto -L/usr/local/lib -lpcre -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -lrt
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- rpath
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- rpath
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- rpath
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- rpath
usage: ld [-6:abc:d:e:f:h:il:mo:p:rstu:z:B:CD:F:GI:L:M:N:P:Q:R:S:VY:?]
file(s)
         [-64]           enforce a 64-bit link-edit
         [-a]            create an absolute file
         [-b]            do not do special PIC relocations in a.out
         [-B direct | nodirect]
                         establish direct bindings, or inhibit direct
binding
                         to, the object being created
         [-B dynamic | static]
                         search for shared libraries|archives
         [-B eliminate]  eliminate unqualified global symbols from the
                         symbol table
         [-B group]      relocate object from within group
         [-B local]      reduce unqualified global symbols to local
         [-B reduce]     process symbol reductions
         [-B symbolic]   bind external references to definitions when
creating
                         shared objects
         [-c name]       record configuration file `name'
         [-C]            demangle C++ symbol name diagnostics
         [-d y | n]      operate in dynamic|static mode
         [-D token,...]  print diagnostic messages
         [-e epsym]      use `epsym' as entry point address
         [-f name]       specify library for which this file is an auxiliary
                         filter
         [-F name]       specify library for which this file is a filter
         [-G]            create a shared object
         [-h name]       use `name' as internal shared object identifier
         [-i]            ignore LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting
         [-I name]       use `name' as path of interpreter
         [-l x]          search for libx.so or libx.a
         [-L path]       search for libraries in directory `path'
         [-m]            print memory map
         [-M mapfile]    use processing directives contained in `mapfile'
         [-N string]     create a dynamic dependency for `string'
         [-o outfile]    name the output file `outfile'
         [-p auditlib]   identify audit library to accompany this object
         [-P auditlib]   identify audit library for processing the
dependencies
                         of this object
         [-Q y | n]      do|do not place version information in output file
         [-r]            create a relocatable object
         [-R path]       specify a library search path to be used at run
time
         [-s]            strip any symbol and debugging information
         [-S supportlib]
                         specify a link-edit support library
         [-t]            do not warn of multiply-defined symbols that have
                         different sizes or alignments
         [-u symname]    create an undefined symbol `symname'
         [-V]            print version information
         [-Y P,dirlist]  use `dirlist' as a default path when searching for
                         libraries
         [-z absexec]    when building an executable absolute symbols
                         referenced in dynamic objects are promoted to
                         the executable
         [-z allextract | defaultextract | weakextract]
                         extract all member files, only members that resolve
                         undefined tor tentative symbols, or allow
extraction of
                         archive members to resolvetweak references from
                         archive files
         [-z altexec64]  execute the 64-bit link-editor
         [-z combreloc]  combine multiple relocation sections
         [-z defs]       disallow undefined symbol references
         [-z direct | nodirect]
                         enable|disable direct binding to shared object
                         dependencies
         [-z endfiltee]  marks a filtee such that it will terminate a
filters
                         search
         [-z finiarray=function]
                         name of function to be appended to the .finiarray
         [-z groupperm | nogroupperm]
                         enable|disable setting of group permissions
                         on dynamic dependencies
         [-z help ]      print this usage message
         [-z ignore | record]
                         ignore|record unused dynamic dependencies
         [-z initarray=function]
                         name of function to be appended to the .initarray
         [-z initfirst]  mark object to indicate that its .init section
should
                         be executed before the .init section of any other
                         objects
         [-z interpose]  dynamic object is to be an `interposer' on direct
                         bindings
         [-z lazyload | nolazyload]
                         enable|disable delayed loading of shared object
                         dependencies
         [-z ld32=arg1,arg2,...]
                         define arguments applicable to the 32-bit class
of ld(1)
         [-z ld64=arg1,arg2,...]
                         define arguments applicable to the 64-bit class
of ld(1)
         [-z loadfltr]   mark filter as requiring immediate loading of its
                         filtees at runtime
         [-z muldefs]    allow multiply-defined symbols
         [-z nocompstrtab]
                         disable compression of string tables
         [-z nodefs]     allow undefined symbol references
         [-z nodefaultlib]
                         mark object to ignore any default library
search path
         [-z nodelete]   mark object as non-deletable
         [-z nodlopen]   mark object as non-dlopen()'able
         [-z nodump]     mark object as non-dldump()'able
         [-z now]        mark object as requiring non-lazy binding
         [-z nopartial]  expand any partially initialized symbols
         [-z noversion]  don't record any version sections
         [-z origin]     mark object as requiring $ORIGIN processing
         [-z preinitarray=function]
                         name of function to be appended to the
.preinitarray
         [-z redlocsym]  reduce local syms in .symtab to a minimum
         [-z rescan]     rescan archive list until no further member
                         extraction occurs
         [-z text]       disallow output relocations against text
         [-z textoff]    allow output relocations against text
         [-z textwarn]   warn if there are relocations against text
         [-z verbose]    generate warnings for suspicious processings
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [xymonnet] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/xymon-4.3.0.beta3/xymonnet'
make: *** [xymonnet-build] Error 2
-bash-3.00$ /usr/local/bin/ld -V
GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.20.1.20100303
   Supported emulations: