[xymon] Managing who gets alerts - shifts and rotations

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Fri Nov 12 21:19:51 CET 2010

OK, well, I hate to post on Xymonton something that is in such an
early/unrefined state (it's not terribly configurable all in one place,
so I went through and just edited out the UMDNJ specific stuff). So...
maybe a first cut like this will help. Note that the script was written
to solve a specific problem, though... our on call list was generated as
a Word doc in a certain format. My colleague wrote something that would
accept a saved TXT with the same formatting and use that to manage who's
on call when. It would obviously make more sense to use a CSV or
something like that, but that is not how the author of the schedule does
what she does.

Initially, it ran Monday mornings, but that didn't take into account
times when someone would swap a day or something. So now we run it at
8:00a everyday.

Anyways, without further ado. Hope it helps someone.