[xymon] fedora upgrade from 13 to 14 crashed hobbitd_rrd

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Fri Nov 12 16:08:21 CET 2010

On Fri, November 12, 2010 08:53, Jason Chambers wrote:
> *face palm*
>

> OK, Let's see if I can figure out how to downgrade glibc.
>
> Note: not a linux user :)

Off the top of my head:

Copy /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo to
/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates12.repo

Edit the new file, replacing all "$releasever" with "13" and set
"enabled=1" to "enabled=0".  Change every "updates" inside square brackets
to "updates12".  Then use
yum --enablerepo=updates12 downgrade install glibc-2.12.1-4
glibc-common-2.12.1-4 glibc-devel-2.12.1-4 glibc-headers-2.12.1-4
to do the actual downgrade.

I don't have the means to test this for you right now, so ymmv.

Next time:  clone your Xymon server on a PC with similar processor
architecture and bring it up on a different IP.  Point a couple of clients
at it (they can feed multiple Xymon servers each).  Upgrade it and test
things out.  And don't use Fedora on production machines unless you're
well prepared to troubleshoot things that are broken by cutting-edge
stuff.  I use Fedora at home, but Centos/RHEL/OEL at work.