CLASS parameter in bb-hosts and hobbit-client.cfg

Elmar Heeb heeb at phys.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 9 15:11:27 CET 2010

Hi

I am trying to use the CLASS parameter as described in bb-hosts(5) and
hobbit-clients.cfg(5) without success.  Specifically I have the
following entries:

in /etc/hobbit/bb-hosts:
192.33.96.71    dumbledore # ntp badntp:0:1:3 ssh CLASS:lucid

in /etc/hobbit/hobbit-client.cfg:
CLASS=lucid
	PROC gdm-binary 1 1 red

The xymon/hobbit server is running Debian lenny 5.0.6 with the hobbit
package version 4.2.0.dfsg-14lenny3

The client is running Ubuntu lucid 10.04 (hence the CLASS name) with the
xymon-client package version 4.3.0~beta2.dfsg-5

On the info page for the client the entry "Other tags:" at the bottom
clearly shows CLASS:lucid whereas on the proc page there is no mention
of a gdb-binary process as I would expect.

All I can find in the mailing lists are references to other people's
problems with CLASS.  Is there something I should configure differently
or is there any version of xymon that supports the CLASS parameter?

Regards,     -- Elmar