[hobbit] rrd graph orientation

Mark Krawec mark at krawec.net
Fri May 21 17:37:51 CEST 2010

Ralph is right that I'm trying to modify the cpu detail page so the graph
is at the top of the page. I'll try changing the source and recompile.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Mark

On Fri, 21 May 2010 06:56:18 -0400,
Ralph Mitchell  wrote:  On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 2:29 AM,
doctor at makelofine.org [1]  wrote:
    On Thu, 20 May 2010 22:01:30 -0400,
Ralph Mitchell
wrote:

 >> Is there a way to move a graph (like the cpu) graph to the
top of the
 >> display? Right now it's at the bottom of the page and I need
to scroll
 >> through the list of processes to see the graph. I've looked
at the
 >> hobbitgraph.cfg file and can't find a obvious way to move a
graph to
 the
 >> top
 >> of the page.
 >>

 > I don't think it can be
done by fooling with config files, at least not
 in
 > xymon-4.3.0-beta2.
If you're up to altering the source, I think the
 > relevant bit is around
line 312 in xymon-4.3.0-beta2/lib/htmllog.c :

 > if (!htmlfmt)
fprintf(output, "
n");

> textwithcolorimg(restofmsg, output);

> if
(!htmlfmt) fprintf(output, "n
 n");

 > Moving that down to around line
450 puts the content of the status
 message
 > under everything else. I
don't *think* that would break anything else,
 but
 > you should back up
your xymon installation before doing the update...

 > Ralph Mitchell

As written in hobbitserver.cfg, section GRAPHS :
 "This defines which RRD
files to include on the "trends" column webpage,
 and the order in which
they appear"

 So I think you should put "la" (Load Average) to the top of
the values
 defined in variable GRAPHS, like this :

GRAPHS="la,disk,test,other_test,..."

 The OP said "need to scroll through
the list of processes to see the graph", which suggests he's looking at the
cpu detail page, not the trends page.
 Ralph Mitchell

--
Mark Krawec
mark at krawec.net
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their
level and beat you with experience.

Links:
------
[1]