apt handling in Hobbit for Debian/Ubuntu Linux

Peter Toft pto at linuxbog.dk
Tue May 4 20:07:06 CEST 2010

Hi all

I have Xymon/hobbit monitoring a Debian box, which has a nice SERVICE=apt
monitor on it. I often see that an update is needed - typically it comes 5
minutes AFTER I leave my server :) Thus I often have my server showing
yellow service flag for the apt-service until I get home in the evening. I
can obviously acknowledge this warning from the Xymon web-interface, but
has anyone of you been extending Xymon for handling apt-updating via the
webinterface?

(During daytime I do not have ssh access to the server - and I know
that I could install webmin to solve this)

Best

Peter

Peter Toft, Ph.D. [pto at linuxbog.dk] http://petertoft.dk
I blog at http://www.version2.dk/blogs/petertoft