Intermittent graph data when using pulldata/hobbitfetch/msgcache

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Mon Mar 29 17:20:59 CEST 2010

Since switching to the pulldata method for DMZ hosts, the graphs now have
random, intermittent gaps in them. I am seeing this at two networks where I
recently switched to this method.  (see attached image)

Prior to this change the graphs were fine with no gaps.

Hobbitfetch is being started with --debug, but there does not appear to be
anything that appears to be an error in the hobbitfetch.log file.

rrd-status.log shows a LOT of these entries, but they are for ALL servers and
this has been going on forever so I don't suspect :

2010-03-01 04:44:01 RRD error updating
/usr/local/xymon/data/rrd/hostname.example.com/tcp.ssh.rrd from x.x.x.x:
/usr/local/xymon/data/rrd/hostname.example.com/tcp.ssh.rrd: illegal attempt to
update using time 1267436641 when last update time is 1267436641 (minimum one
second step)

Any ideas?

This is Xymon v4.3.0-0.beta2 on Client and server

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC