message filter and the DEFAULT section

thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com thorsten.erdmann at daimler.com
Fri Mar 26 12:27:32 CET 2010

Hi

I want to filter some messages from a specific server's message log. So I
built a special rule in hobbit-clients.cfg to filter that message, but it
is ignored. It seems Hobbit preferres the DEFAULT section. If I uncomment
the DEFAULT LOG rule my special rule is used and the message is filtered.

So how can I have a default rule including some IGNORE clauses which is
used for all my servers and an additional set of rule specific to one or
more servers.

Here is my hobbit-client.cfg. The rule I currently playing with is marked
with (***), it's the host s068c326. If I comment out the last two lines it
works, if not the message "ntpd error" is detected as error.

HOST=s068310i
        DISK    %^/platform.*  IGNORE

HOST=s068310b
        DISK    %^/platform.*  IGNORE

HOST=s068a300
        LOG     %.* %(fatal|error)   COLOR=red
IGNORE=%(smb_proc_readdir_long|peer)
        LOG     %.* warning          COLOR=yellow
#        DISK    * 10 15

HOST=s068c327
        DISK    /mnt           IGNORE

#HOST=%s068c32.*
HOST=s068c326
#HOST=s068c320,s068c321,s068c322,s068c323,s068c324,s068c325,s068c326,s068c327
        LOG     %.* %(fatal|error)   IGNORE=%ntpd  COLOR=red     #(***)

HOST=s068c320,s068c321,s068c322
        PROC    "lmgrd -c" 1 1
        PROC    "pam_lmd" 1 1

DEFAULT
        # These are the built-in defaults.
        UP      1h
        LOAD    5.0 10.0
        DISK    * 90 95
        DISK    /media/cdrom 101 101
        MEMPHYS 100 101
        MEMSWAP 50 80
        MEMACT  90 97

        LOG     %.* %(fatal|error)   COLOR=red
IGNORE=%(read_socket_data|peer)
        LOG     %.* warning          COLOR=yellow IGNORE=40960

Thank you for help

Thorsten Erdmann

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.