Hostname Lengths

Mike Rowell MRowell at shopzilla.com
Tue Mar 9 15:38:55 CET 2010

Hi Xymonites...

I've been tracking an issue with an install I have where hostnames are getting cut short, we have some boxes with longer than standard hostnames (some close to 32chars long), I've tried setting CLIENT: and that does seem to work but I really need a proper solution as we could have some hosts with domains a lot longer than this and I don't want to put exceptions in for everything.

Any ideas, I seem to remember this issue a few years back, possibly longer than that but can't remember the specifics about the fix.

Cheers,

Mike