[hobbit] How to get Overall Cluster Utilization report using Hobbit(Xymon): 4.2.2

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Mar 9 15:07:35 CET 2010

On Friday, 5 March 2010 06:39:48 Pankaj Dorlikar wrote:
> Hi,
> we have cluster of 25 nodes and we wanted to see overall cluster
> utilization report.We are getting individual nodes utilization.But we want
> combined utilization.

Do you mean one graph showing the individual (e.g. load average) utilisation
for 25 servers? It seems (at least for me on 4.2.3) that the metrics report
only works up to 2 servers, but the method from before the metrics report,
adding more host names to the normal trends graphs, works fine at least up to 8
servers.

So, view the "cpu" page for a server, click on the graph, you should be at a
URL such as:

http://xymon.mydomain.com/xymon-
cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=server1.mydomain.com&service=la&graph_width=576&graph_height=120&disp=zcs-
mbs1.zmb.com&nostale&action=menu

Now, edit the URL in your browser, to something like this:

http://xymon.mydomain.com/xymon-
cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=server1.mydomain.com,server2.mydomain.com&service=la&graph_width=576&graph_height=120&disp=zcs-
mbs1.zmb.com&nostale&action=menu

Keep adding host names as used in Xymon to the host= parameter, separated by
commas.

You may want to keep this URL, by bookmark, or by making a small web page that
loads the IMG urls (e.g. http://xymon.mydomain.com/xymon-
cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=server1.mydomain.com,server2.mydomain.com&service=la&graph_height=120&graph_width=576&color=green&nostale&action=view&graph=hourly)

It would be nice to have at tool to set up such views, but I think the better
investment would be building a new web interface with a real framework which
would make things like this easier to write ...

Regards,
Buchan