[hobbit] BBWin Virtual Memory

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 16:53:46 CET 2010

> Physical and Virtual memory reports fine for me, I have 0.12 installed
> on a number of 2003 and 2008 servers. Do you have static pagefile
> sizes set? I'm not sure how BBWin looks for virtual memory usage, but
> if it's just doing a filesize check on your page file that might
> explain it.

Really? What mode are you using? Central or Local? I have the same problem in local mode.

For example:

Server: OS = Windows 2003 SP2, RAM = 512MB, Pagefile = 1000MB

BBwin reports: Physical: 511M, Virtual: 2047M, Page: 1489M

Something is obviously amiss. I'm not really surprised having seen some of the code behind the scenes. There are also less severe issues with disk space calculations.

Malcolm

--
Technical copy-editor & proofreader

KDE Proofreading Team