[hobbit] Alerting when "dialup" host from clear to green

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Tue Jun 22 21:49:27 CEST 2010

On Sun, June 20, 2010 17:28, Josh Luthman wrote:
> Vegas never sleeps and they seem to be doing pretty good =)
>
> I now have this:
>
> 172.16.10.49	airosfallback.ubnt.com # testip dialup 172.17.16.15
> nodhcp.ubnt.com  # testip depends=(conn:airosfallback.ubnt.com)
>
> The second host (nodhcp) is showing up red.  The syntax looks correct to
> me...from the docs...
>
> depends=(testA:host1/test1,host2/test2),(testB:host3/test3),[...]
>
> Do we know if the clear condition should act as we expect in this case?

I sometimes sleep for a couple of days.  ;)

No, I don't know, and it appears that it doesn't.  In which case the
manpage appears wrong, because it says:

"depends=(testA:host1/test1,host2/test2)

When   deciding  the  color  to  report  for  testA,  if either
host1/test1 failed or host2/test2 failed, if  testA  has  failed also
then  the color of testA will be "clear" instead of red or yellow."

Apparently, the case is that if host1/test1 or host2/test2 are red, then
the color of testA will be clear.