[hobbit] bb-rep.sh & bb-snapshot.sh

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 19:14:11 CEST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Bob Gordon <rgordonjr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I'm running into a problem creating the availability report and the snapshot
> on 4.3.0-beta2.  Every time I run either command I get an "Internal Server
> Error".  The apache logs show "Premature end of script headers" and the
> syslog shows that a buffer overflow was detected.
>
> The system its on is a Ubuntu 9.04 64b server.

I was having exact same error. I am running xymon version 4.4 beta. It is svn
revision 6311. I compiled it on ubuntu 10.04.

I see only google-chrome able to generate report.

It is failing with FF 3.6.3 on ubuntu 10.04, FF 3.5.8 on opensolaris
snv_134, and IE 8 on win xp

I went ahead and changed the CFLAGS on build/Makefile.Linux like this

  before:

  CFLAGS = -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -D_REENTRANT $(LFSDEF) $(OSDEF)

  after:

  CFLAGS = -g -O2 -Wall -D_REENTRANT $(LFSDEF) $(OSDEF)

and recompiled using gcc version 4.4.3 and I don't see the "Premature
end of script headers"
any more. However, now I see a message in the browser, stays for a
quick second, right before
the report shows up. I can live with that pre-report message until I
find a substitute for -Wno-unused.

-Wno-unused does not show as a valid switch for gcc version 4.4.3

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu