[hobbit] xymon ssh scan

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 08:44:52 CEST 2010

You need something that's on all *nix systems.
/etc/passwd
/etc/hosts
or even /etc/motd

But why use cat?
ssh $HOST ls -la /etc/ will do just as well.
ssh $HOST ls -la /tmp is probably even less of a risk.

If you are testing ssh, any command will do.
ssh $HOST ls -d /tmp is probably best.
You know what the result will be, on all unix systems, and if you get "/tmp"
then ssh works.

Cheers
     Vernon