Bug or Undesired behavior on restart - Xymon 4.2.3

Clark, Sean sean.clark at twcable.com
Thu Jun 10 22:32:50 CEST 2010

I have come across a funny issue, and am wondering if it's a bug - it certainly doesn't seem to be the desired behavior, and I wonder if anyone can help me with it.

Here is the scenario

I have a device that is configured in hobbit-alerts.cfg like this:

PAGE=%foodev/foocmt
 SCRIPT=/sw/xymon/server/scripts/briefEmailRegularImportance noc at foo.com REPEAT=60 COLOR=red RECOVERED
 SCRIPT=/sw/xymon/server/scripts/FullEmailRegularImportance engineer at foo.com DURATION>20 REPEAT=60

It turns red, and calls the first script

The person who got the first email sends a hobbitdack with the proper cookie for the test/pair and it all is well

2 hours pass - it has not called the second line, because it is "ack'd"

I restart Xymon -- it loads the hobbitdboard from the .chk file, that host/test pair has same cookie, same ack message BUT - it instantly calls both scripts as soon as it comes online - even thought it had been "acked"

Has anyone seen this/found a workaround/know what I mean?

-Sean

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner
Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential,
or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this
E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents
of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any
copy of this E-mail and any printout.