https monitoring

Cami camis at mweb.co.za
Thu Jul 22 15:29:02 CEST 2010

  Hi All,

Upon building a new instance of Xymon, i ran into a wierd issue which
I've been troubleshooting for hours with no luck. I'm trying to monitor
HTTPS on a few hosts. Without much luck, I looked around for an external/
public host running https:

91.189.89.234  shipit.ubuntu.com # https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

I got this wierd message:

--------------

https://shipit.ubuntu.com/ -

  Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please

    Hint: *https://shipit.ubuntu.com/*

Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g Server at shipit.ubuntu.com Port 443

It doesnt make that much sense to me since i did build xymon with SSL support.
Anyone got any ideas on how/where to go about troubleshooting this? I have a
seperate instance of Xymon that is able to check HTTPS sites without any issue.

Regards,
Cami