[xymon] IP address - from where?

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 09:26:31 CEST 2010

Hi Henrik

Thanks for that.
If I recall, about 2 or 3 years ago, it was you who told me that it first
does a name lookup.
Larry, sorry I didn't take you on your word. Although I was sure you were
right, it contradicted what we were seeing here.

Tried another test, and set the server IP to 0.0.0.0 in bb-hosts, and it all
went red again. :-(

It seems to resolve using nslookup on CLI, but not in bbtest.net
Eventually added the --no-ares option, and all is good in our again.

This is the second time I have seen this issue.
Any idea what causes it?

Cheers
     Vernon