[xymon] alert on proc while both hosts running the same process at the same time

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 14:56:43 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 6:54 AM, Henrik Størner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
> In <AANLkTikguaPqzqP3QN_-0RApKFu1RI6D0-OihOhVcLBn at mail.gmail.com> Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>>HOST=%host1|host2
>>  PROC  myproc ?? ??
>
>>How do I setup using PROC or may be some other method to alert when a process
>>myproc is running either on both server or on no server?
>
> With a combo-test. In bbcombotest.cfg you put
>
>   host12.proc = (host1.proc + host2.proc) == 1
>
> and then add a pseudo-host "host12" in bb-hosts for the combined status.
>
>   0.0.0.0 host12 # noconn "COMMENT:host1+2 process cluster"

thanks to all of you for the server side ext suggestion. that was one
of the option
I mentioned in my email. I guess that means can't do it with stock
hobbit. I will
need to create a separate service column for just that one process. no problem.
thanks again

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu